Job Title: Business Development & Marketing Manager
Start Date: Spring/Early Summer 2019
Story First Creative is looking for a full-time business development and marketing manager to join the team at our Atlanta office. We’re looking for an outward facing representative who believes in the power of storytelling and is excited about creating and executing new ways to reach and expand client relationships. The ideal candidate would have a background in sales and/or marketing and would be able to provide guidance and insight in to generating leads, networking, and growing mutually beneficial client relationships. If you have an extroverted, entrepreneurial spirit and value Story First’s mission of telling stories that matter through world class visual content, we would love to talk.
- Work with co-founders to create and manage a strategy for new client acquisition and development.
- Develop and maintain an advertisement strategy.
- Monitor and apply for RFP’s relevant to Story First’s expertise and clientele.
- Schedule and attend pitch and networking meetings.
- Develop and submit client proposals.
- Research and track potential client partnerships and their current needs.
- Attend networking events on behalf of Story First.
- Organize meetings, coffee dates, and introduction calls for Story First to potential clients.
- Develop sponsorship relationships and maintain sponsorship grids for relevant projects under Story First Originals.
- Flexibility to work with high volume of diverse projects and focus on quality of projects rather than quantity.
- Create and update sales marketing promotional materials – one sheets and ad sales presentations.
- Create and monitor e-blasts with Story First updates for past, current, and future clients.
- Manage the Story First social media accounts.
- Basic level of monitoring and maintaining SEO optimization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, Advertisement preferred fields)
- Minimum 3-5 years of relatable industry experience (production, marketing agency, ad sales in television, and/or nonprofit fundraising, etc.)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Comfortable interacting with executive personnel and clients
- Experience in budget discussions and negotiations
- Display professional ability in high pressure situations and financial conversations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a team player
- Solid project, time-management and multi-tasking skills
*This job includes healthcare (Health, Dental, Vision) benefits after trial period.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.