Job Title: Junior Editor
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2019
Story First Creative is looking for a full-time junior editor to join our creative agency in Atlanta. We’re looking for a candidate with a creative eye, a detailed personality, and who loves telling stories through video. The ideal candidate would have a passion for editing, a strong work ethic, a team-player attitude, and someone who has the ability to constructively take notes and feedback. This position is both a supporting role for the Senior Creatives on the team, as well as a position with huge growth potential. The Junior Editor will be encouraged, trained, and given the tools to develop and grow the skill sets needed to be a successful story editor at Story First.
While we are a small company and many of our editors wear a variety of hats, we are looking for a candidate who is seeking a career in editing and post production, this position is not a good fit for someone interested primarily in an on-set position.
- Editing assembly cuts of story videos, scripted videos, promos, and more.
- Editing rough cuts of story videos, scripted videos, promos, and more.
- Follow direction, guidance, and act as a support for Senior Creatives.
- Organizing and dumping footage on the server.
- Learn the different styles of editing for Story First (story, promo, scripted, etc.).
- Ensure all deliverables are accurate and adhere to Story First’s standards.
- Never stop learning – take responsibility of your own learning to develop new skill-sets and software knowledge.
- Base knowledge and skills with the following softwares/systems:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Windows 10 and MacOS
- 1-2 years of editing/technical experience in Post Production
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Display professional ability in high pressure situations
- Base knowledge with file-based workflows and organization
- Experience as an Assistant Editor is preferred but not required
*This job includes healthcare (Health, Dental, Vision) benefits after trial period.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.